There are many ways to engage in ongoing professional development. A reading group is one of many.
As clinicians we learn through our successes, mistakes, dialogue and gaps in knowledge. Though in doing so often find ourselves not knowing what it is we need to learn. There is a wealth of reading material available however together with the fact that reading takes time and focus this may sometimes feel overwhelming and confusing. Furthermore, our profession can be isolating causing us to imagine we are alone in our experiences.
A reading group can assist in these areas by creating focus and direction. Its is also a way to foster collective learning in a non-shaming and stimulating approach.
This reading group will endeavour fulfilling the following:
· Establish the main interest areas of the group
· Establish each individual’s current learning edges
· Select readings that match these needs
· Discuss the readings from both theoretical and clinical perspectives
· Engage in alive and stimulating discussion in the hope that interest, confidence and professional growth are facilitated
· Dates TBA
· Sessions will run for 2 hours
· Monday morning or Friday afternoon
· Maximum 6 and minimum 4 attendees
· Fee: $60.00
· Location: TBA
· Individuals who have completed training and now working as clinicians
If you are interested please contact Elana Leigh on 0412570172 or write to Elana@acissydney.com.au